Yesterday, I decided to try out the live function in Facebook. My first proper interactive video tutorial. Did you catch me live? How did you like it? For me, I had a great time. Being able to interact with those viewing was fun and of course, it's fun sharing what I know bout baking.. and my love for food!
I took about 40 minutes to take viewers on a session in my kitchen where I baked a Chocolate Chiffon Cake. Wanting to serve more portions, I baked them in 6" cake tins. The recipe works well for a 20 or 22cm chiffon tin. You'd get a nice and tall cake.
This recipe would take about 30 minutes to prepare (I took longer cos' I talked so much!) and about an hour to bake. Cooling would take bout 1/2 an hour so do set aside 2 hours to do up this delectable cake! It'd rate it a difficulty level 3 out of 5.
The recipe would fit 4 6 inch cakes sufficiently! (:
Chocolate Chiffon Cake
This recipe is good for a 20cm chiffon tin/22cm chiffon tin/4 6" cake tins
200g cake flour
20g cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
10 eggs (55-60g, room temperature)
180ml chocolate milk
120g castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1) Sift cake flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. Set aside.
2) Separate eggs. Ensure that mixing bowl for whites is completely clean and dry.
3) Into the yolks, add 1/2 the sugar (60g). Whisk till thick and light.
4) Add 1/3 chocolate milk and whisk.
5) Add 1/3 flour mixture and whisk.
6) Repeat till milk and flour have been used.
7) Add oil and vanilla bean paste to yolk mixture. Stir/Whisk gently.
8) To the egg whites, add the the other half of the sugar.
9) Whisk till stiff peaks are achieved.
10) Fold 1/3 of the whites into the yolk batter.
11) Pour yolk mixture into egg whites.
12) Fold mixture till a homogeneous batter is achieved.
13) Pour batter into baking tins. Tap the tin onto the counter to remove excess air bubbles.
14) Bake cake in pre-heated oven of 150 degree Celsius for 50 - 55 minutes.
15) Invert cake on a raised cooling rack and cool it for 30 minutes or till cake is cool to touch.
16) Unmould cake and enjoy!
These cakes were adored by my colleagues! Enjoy them too!