On Saturday evening, I decided to bake some macarons LIVE on facebook. Requested by the hubby, I baked some rose macarons with rose buttercream.
It was the first time I was fully made up for a LIVE video. I had been out the earlier half of the day so I just did a video with my makeup on. The hubby and Cartoon who were home were also part of the video!
It was also the first time I camped in front of the camera to film the growing of feet for macarons! It was tiring but very fulfilling! So.. these rose macarons take about 2 hours to bake and I'd rate it a difficulty level 4 out of 5.. It's worth a try nonetheless!
Those feet are just worth it.
Rose macaron recipe
This recipe yields 12 - 14 macarons
55-60g fine almond meal
50g egg whites, room temperature
100g icing sugar
18 to 20g castor sugar
Red gel food colouring
57g unsalted butter, room temperature
90g icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1 tsp rose water
1) In a food processor or blended, blitz the icing get sugar and almond meal/flour till fine.
2) Sift and discard parts that cannot be sifted.
3) In a clean and dry mixing bowl, add egg whites, food colouring and castor sugar. Whisk till stiff peaks.
4) Fold 1/3 meringue into dry ingredients.
5) Add remaining meringue and fold till batter falls off the spatula in a 'V' manner.
6) Scoop mixture into piping bag and pipe onto baking tray lined with baking paper.
7) Allow macarons to dry till surface is dry to the touch.
8) Bake in a preheated oven of 150 degree Celsius for 17 to 18 minutes or till macarons do not stick onto baking paper.
Check out the various videos here: