I've been away for too long! I have not been baking much but I've been cooking quite a bit for the family. Here are a few baby friendly recipes I'd love to share! Here's a risotto I love to cook that has got Adriel's heart. It allows me to add lots of veggie that he sometimes would not eat otherwise.
It requires constant stirring when cooking so be ready to stir for a good 20 mins or so but the results are so worth the effort (: I'd rate it a difficulty level 3 out of 5 and it takes about 40 mins in all to prepare and cook.
Veggie & Mushroom (Creamy) Risotto Recipe
1 onion (yellow)
5 to 8 white button mushrooms
1/2 pack Shinmeiji mushroom
1 stalk celery
1.25 cup Arborio rice
Stock (about 700ml to 1 litre)
1 tbsp butter
cooking cream (If you like the creamy version)
NOTE: You can add any veggie you like. I did cauliflowers and pumpkins too and they tasted great.
1, Chop up everything into small pieces.
2. Add butter to pan. Melt the butter and cook on medium heat.
3. Stir fry onions till translucent. Put in all vegetables except broccoli and stir fry for a few minutes.
4. Add in rice. Stir fry for 2 mins.
5. Add in 1 ladle of warm/hot stock. Crank heat down to low.
6. Stir. And stir! And stir!
7. Stir till liquid does not run down the middle when you run your spatula through the middle of pan. 8. Add in next ladle of stock. Do it in many additions. Stir, dry and repeat.
9. 0 mins into cooking, add broccoli.
10. Takes about 20 mins. Taste rice for doneness. Add cream in place of stock in the last 5 mins of cooking if you like a creamy risotto. You can also add some freshly grated Parmesan cheese if you'd like.
Post a Comment