These waffles are easy to whip up and freeze really well. I do not use sugar but use banana to sweeten it instead. You can even add blueberries to make blueberry waffles! Yum! They're crunchy on the outside yet soft and fluffy on the inside.
This recipe takes about 30 minutes to whip up 1 batch of them.. I'd rate them a difficulty level 3 out of 5.
Baby Friendly Waffles
1 ripe banana
160g cake flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 egg separated + 1 egg white
250ml fresh milk
3 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp cinammon
1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
1. Mix dry ingredients together.
2. Add banana, egg yolk, milk, oil & vanilla bean paste in.
3. Whisk up egg whites till stiff peaks are formed.
4. Fold in egg whites into yolk batter in 3 additions.
5. Cook as per waffle machine's instructions. I did about 4 mins each.
NOTE: This has a very faint sweetness to it so feel free to add 1 more banana, replacing 20 to 30ml milk or add a few tbsp of castor sugar if you'd like to sweeten it..