Similar to the Mango Cheesecake, I made these Mini Mango Cheesecakes with the extra ingredients I had.
This recipe is fun! I adopted the mango mirror layer from Ann's Mango Mirror Cake but I made slight adjustments to it.
I'd rate this recipe a difficulty level 4 out of 5 and it takes about 2 hours to make all in all.
Cynthia's Mango Cheesecake Recipe
This recipe yields 8 - 10 mini cheesecakes
180g digestive biscuits
80g unsalted butter, melted
250g cream cheese, room temperature
75g castor sugar
250g mango yoghurt
2.5 tbsp gelatin
100g fresh mango cubes
125g fresh mango puree (blended from fresh mangoes)
25g castor sugar
1 tsp gelatin
Check out the video tutorial here!
The steps to these mini cheesecakes are similar to that of the Mango Cheesecake. Compact about 1.5 - 2 tsp of biscuit mixture into each cupcake liner. I used these pleated cupcake liners.
Image taken from http://www.thelonebaker.com/storage/polkadotcasestlb.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1316652963637
Prepare the cake mixture accordingly and scoop into the liners. Pop it into the freezer to set for 30 minutes before preparing the mango mirror layer. Allow mango mirror layer to cool completely and pour it onto the cakes gently. Chill in freezer for 15 - 30 minutes or till mango mirror layer is set. DO KEEP A CLOSE EYE ON IT. It's a very fine line between chilling sufficiently and getting frozen mango mirror layers.
Run a paring knife along the insides of the cup before tearing open the pleats from the cups and removing mini cakes. Garnish with fresh fruits. Serve chilled.
Here are some tips and things to note when 'baking' this cake! (:
1) Do be precise with your measurements, especially the gelatin. This is the type of baking tablespoon to use:
Image taken from http://www.bakingshop.com/bc/img/MSP-47118.jpg
2) Do warm up the gelatin. If you do not have a microwave oven, you may boil it over very low fire to warm it up.
3) Do watch the timing when setting the cake. Remove it from the freezer after the cake is set. Store the cake in the chiller. The cake stores best in an air tight container.
4) The cake contains cream cheese and even if it doesn't melt, I do not recommend leaving this for long in room temperature.
5) Do not leave the batter out for too long when preparing the cheesecake. It will firm up.
6) The cake should be consumed within 3 - 4 days for maximum freshness.
I'd love to see the bakes or stuff you've cooked using the blog's recipe! Do share photos of stuff you've baked or cooked using the blog's recipe with me either via FB message to http://facebook.com/limcynthia OR http://facebook.com/thebakingbiatch OR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org! I look forward to hearing from you! (: