I've probably been too stressed of late.Well, with that, I'm down with Shingles. It really caught me by surprise but there's nothing I can do about it other than rest and take my medicine and apply the cream prescribed by the doctor. Being confined at home is super boring.
With that, I decided to bake as my hands were itchy. With the mango my dad bought a couple of days ago, I made this Mango Cheesecake. I love the colours and my dad loves mangoes! Fear not, he has gotten chicken pox before so he's safe being near me. It's only infants, children, the elderly, the sick and those who have yet to contact chicken pox that I should avoid. I can't wait to make a full recovery!
Nevertheless, this recipe was fun! I adopted the mango mirror layer from Ann's Mango Mirror Cake but I made slight adjustments to it.
I'd rate this recipe a difficulty level 4 out of 5 and it takes about 2 h 30 minutes to make all in all.
Cynthia's Mango Cheesecake Recipe
This recipe yields one 7" round cake
OR a 16cm heart shaped cake with 3 - 4 mini cheesecakes
180g digestive biscuits
80g unsalted butter, melted
250g cream cheese, room temperature
75g castor sugar
250g mango yoghurt
2.5 tbsp gelatin
100g fresh mango cubes
125g fresh mango puree (blended from fresh mangoes)
25g castor sugar
1 tsp gelatin
fruits for garnishing
1 tbsp apricot jam
1 tbsp hot water
Check out the video tutorial here!
Here are some tips and things to note when 'baking' this cake! (:
1) Do be precise with your measurements, especially the gelatin. This is the type of baking tablespoon to use:
Image taken from http://www.bakingshop.com/bc/img/MSP-47118.jpg
2) Do warm up the gelatin. If you do not have a microwave oven, you may boil it over very low fire to warm it up.
3) Do watch the timing when setting the cake. Remove it from the freezer after the cake is set. Store the cake in the chiller. The cake stores best in an air tight container.
4) The cake contains cream cheese and even if it doesn't melt, I do not recommend leaving this for long in room temperature.
5) Do not leave the batter out for too long when preparing the cheesecake. It will firm up.
6) The cake should be consumed within 3 - 4 days for maximum freshness.
Enjoy your lovely cake!
I'd love to see the bakes or stuff you've cooked using the blog's recipe! Do share photos of stuff you've baked or cooked using the blog's recipe with me either via FB message to http://facebook.com/limcynthia OR http://facebook.com/thebakingbiatch OR via email at email@example.com! I look forward to hearing from you! (: