This recipe for Strawberry Delight is sure to wow your guests as the pretty insides of strawberries are used to line the sides of the cake. This recipe is also relatively simple as it is does not require baking. I'd rate it a difficult level 3 out of 5 and it takes about 2 hour 30 minutes to 'bake'.
This slice is just so pretty isn't it? (:
Cynthia's Strawberry Delight Cheesecake (no-bake) Recipe
This recipe yields a 7" round cake
180g digestive biscuits
80g unsalted butter, melted
125g strawberry yoghurt
125g plain yoghurt
250g cream cheese, room temperature
75g castor sugar
2.5 tbsp gelatin
125g strawberry puree (I blended fresh strawberries)
25g - 30g sugar (depending on sweetness of your puree)
2 tsp gelatin
Strawberries for garnishing
1 tbsp hot water
1 tbsp apricot jam
Check out the video tutorial here!
Here are some tips and things to note when 'baking' this cake! (:
1) Do be precise with your measurements, especially the gelatin. Do level the gelatin. This is the type of baking tablespoon to use:
Image taken from http://www.bakingshop.com/bc/img/MSP-47118.jpg
2) Do warm up the gelatin. If you do not have a microwave oven, you may boil it over very low fire to warm it up.
3) Do watch the timing when setting the cake. Remove it from the freezer after the cake is set. Store the cake in the chiller. The cake stores best in an air tight container.
4) The cake contains cream cheese and even if it doesn't melt, I do not recommend leaving this for long in room temperature.
5) Do not leave the batter out for too long when preparing the cheesecake. It will firm up.
6) The cake should be consumed within 3 - 4 days for maximum freshness.
I'd love to see the bakes or stuff you've cooked using the blog's recipe! Do share photos of stuff you've baked or cooked using the blog's recipe with me either via FB message to http://facebook.com/limcynthia OR http://facebook.com/thebakingbiatch OR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org! I look forward to hearing from you! (: