My mil (ma) came over yesterday morning.. I invited her to stay for lunch (:
I baked a Cheesy Baked Rice as inspired by Mrs Minty Cream. She has an easy way of baking a baked rice with Campbell's cream sauce! (: I love the rice when it was piping hot and oozing with cheese.. I also had fun playing with my new individual portioned baking dish..
This recipe took about 1.5 hours in all to prepare and I'd rate it a difficulty level 3 out of 5.
Cheesy Baked Rice (Campbell Sauce)
This recipe yields 3 - 4 portions
1.5 cups rice
1.5 cups water
1 packet mixed mushrooms
1/2 packet baby carrots
100g shaved honey baked ham
1/2 packet honey cherry tomatoes
1 can Campbell's wild mushroom soup
Salt and pepper
1. Cut the mushroom, baby carrots, honey baked ham and capsicum into bite sized pieces.
2. Wash the rice twice and set aside.
3. Heat up the pan. Add some olive oil.
4. Add ham and fry for a minute or two.
5. Add mushrooms and fry for a minute. Season with some salt and pepper.
6. Add in carrots and capsicum. Fry till fragrant.
7. Add in rice and fry for 2 - 3 minutes.
8. Scoop into rice cooker's pot and add in 1.5 cups water.
9. Cook as per rice cooker instructions.
10. Portion rice into baking dish, adding the honey cherry tomatoes at random.
11. Spoon and spread mushroom soup sauce onto rice.
12. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
13. Bake in oven preheated to 180 degree Celsius for 16 - 20 minutes, watching the dish towards to end for the cheese to brown.