Honey Lemon Detox.. something that has been highly raved by many in several sites I've been participating in and well, since I love lemon so much, I decided to give it a go! With it's raved high benefits of skin whitening, detox, weight-loss, reduction of eye bags and lighting of dark eye rings and more.. what's the harm in trying?
When I had my first glass of this, I was blown away. I really loved how good it tastes.. heck the benefits even if they don't work.. I just love HONEY LEMON! (: However, there's a few things to note about preparing this Honey Lemon Detox..
1) Use glass and only glass bottle to store the mixture.
2) Do not use a metal spoon when you're scooping the honey or the mixture.
3) Remove the rind (white part) of the lemon when preparing the mixture, else, mixture may be bitter.
4) Use pure honey.. why put anything less good than what's good?
5) The mixture should be stored in the fridge for at least 3 days before consumption for 'magic' to take place.
6) Use only cold/room temperature water to mix your drink as hot/warm water will kill all the good enzymes in the honey.
This is almost effortless so give it a try!
Honey Lemon Detox Recipe
Yields about 4 glasses of Honey Lemon Detox
1 fresh lemon
133g pure honey
This is the sample batch I did.. but if you like it.. do multiply the recipe by 3 or 4 times and keep it in a large glass jar.. that's what I did! (:
I got honey from Hock Hwa at only $3.80 and it tastes good! (:
You can choose to zest the lemon but since I didn't have one, I used my peeler to peel the zest of the lemon before slicing it again.
Remove the rind! Important to do so as the rind is bitter.
Slice the lemon into and place into glass jar.
Add the zest.
Add the honey. Seal and allow 'magic' to work for 3 days in the chiller.
ENJOY! This is a drink that's here to stay!
I suggest using 1.5 - 2 Chinese soup spoon worth of mixture for 300ml of water. That way, it isn't too sweet nor is it too diluted. Enjoy! (:
I'd love to see the bakes or stuff you've cooked using the blog's recipe! Do share photos of stuff you've baked or cooked using the blog's recipe with me either via FB message to http://facebook.com/limcynthia OR http://facebook.com/thebakingbiatch OR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org! I look forward to hearing from you! (: