Today, I couldn't wait. I made a Ribena Cheesecake yesterday.
However, it wasn't strong enough in the Ribena department. Of course, me being me, I could not wait to perfect the recipe. Today, I headed into the kitchen to work on an improved version. Also, I did a video tutorial for it! So instead of the usual photographic step by step recipe, here's a video tutorial recipe (:
This recipe is relatively simple so I'd rate it a difficulty level 3 out of 5. It will take about 2 h 30 minutes to complete this project.
Cynthia's Ribena Cheesecake Recipe
This recipe yields one 8" round cake
270g digestive biscuits
112g unsalted butter
375g cream cheese, preferably room temperature
113g castor sugar
375g plain yoghurt
3 3/4 tbsp gelatin
125g cream cheese, preferably room temperature
38g castor sugar
125g mixed berries yoghurt
55g ribena cordial
1 1/4 tbsp gelatin
90g ribena cordial
1 tbsp gelatin
Please refer to this video tutorial for the steps! (:
Here are some tips and things to note when 'baking' this cake! (:
1) Do be precise with your measurements, especially the gelatin. This is the type of baking tablespoon to use:
Image taken from http://www.bakingshop.com/bc/img/MSP-47118.jpg
2) Do warm up the gelatin. If you do not have a microwave oven, you may boil it over very low fire to warm it up.
3) Do watch the timing when setting the cake. Remove it from the freezer after the cake is set. Store the cake in the chiller. The cake stores best in an air tight container.
4) The cake contains cream cheese and even if it doesn't melt, I do not recommend leaving this for long in room temperature.
5) Do not leave the batter out for too long when preparing the cheesecake. It will firm up.
6) The cake should be consumed within 3 - 4 days for maximum freshness.
Enjoy your cheesecake! (:
I'd love to see the bakes or stuff you've cooked using the blog's recipe! Do share photos of stuff you've baked or cooked using the blog's recipe with me either via FB message to http://facebook.com/limcynthia OR http://facebook.com/thebakingbiatch OR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org! I look forward to hearing from you! (:
Hi Cynthia,Can i use Rice Cooker instead of using Microwave to warm up the mixture that i should warm up in the Microwave?ReplyDelete
I'd suggest that you use a double boiler instead.
Hi Cynthia, how can i watch the video tutorial...can't seem to find the clip...ReplyDelete
Hello! Here you goDelete
Hi Cynthia, is it must use the electric mixer? I don't have one. Any alternative? Thanks!ReplyDelete
hello! it's good to have. Else a spatula or hand whisk will work too.. but needs more arm powerDelete
Hi Cynthia, what kinda cake tin is tat please? thanks for sharing....u r wonderful.ReplyDelete
Wish u have a very blissful marriage..
hello! it's a cake tin with removable base (: thanks for the well wishes!Delete
Hi This is motivating me to try .ReplyDelete
Hi.. wad is the size of the cake tin?ReplyDelete
Not sure if you read the recipe.. it's 8"Delete
Hi Cynthia, where to buy the rebina cordial can't get from phoon huat.ReplyDelete
You can get it from supermarkets. PH doesn't sell itDelete
Can I use the 7" mould instead of 8"?ReplyDelete
Hi, you might have excess ingredients left then.Delete