I wanted to heat up my oven badly yesterday so I decided to use the sugar stamp sheets I got eons ago. I kinda regret not using them earlier cos the prints have faded. The meringue kisses were still delicious nonetheless! Here's a simple recipe for it!
I'd rate them a difficulty level 2 out of 5 and it'd take about 3 hours in all to be done.
Meringue Kisses on Sugar Stamps
120g egg whites, room temperature
200g castor sugar
gel food colouring of your choice
Sugar Stamp sheets
I got my Sugar Stamp sheets from an online retailer but they have since stopped sales of it. You may wish to google for it or try your local baking store (:
1. Separate egg yolks from whites, ensuring that bowls/hands/utensils are free of dirt, oil and water.
2. Add sugar to egg whites and whisk on medium speed till frothy before cranking speed up to high till meringue reaches stiff peaks.
3. Separate meringue into 2 bowls. Add a small drop of gel food colouring. I used red and violet from Americolour. Stir/Whisk gently to mix colour into meringue.
4. Scoop meringue into piping bags fitted with piping tips.
5. I used a sakura tip for the violet but the meringue weren't stiff enough to hold its' shape. I used A tip that looked like this for the pink one.. It's a random tip I got online and in my weariness, I could not match it to anything I found on Wilton.. (If you know the tip no pls let me know!)
6. Pipe meringue onto baking sheet with Sugar Stamp sheets on them.
7. Bake it in a pre-heated oven of 100 degrees Celsius for 2.5 to 3 hours till meringues sound hollow when tapped and are dry to the touch.
8. If you are using the Sugar stamp sheets, remove meringue immediately from baking tray and allow to cool completely.
9. Store in an air-tight container. Enjoy!
Post a Comment