This was my first trial at the Happy Call Pan Banana Leaf Sambal Sotong.
It's a SUPER EASY dish to prepare and it takes mere minutes!
It takes 5 minutes to prepare and less than 10 minutes to cook.
Happy Call Pan Banana Leaf Sambal Sotong Recipe
One fresh squid/sotong
1 tbsp of Singlong Sambal Chilli
1 piece of Banana leaf
1. Wash the squid and remove all innards.
2. Cut the squid.
3. Wash the banana leaf and trim it to fit the Happy Call Pan's base.
4. Place squid in banana leaf and scoop a tablespoon of sambal chilli onto it.
This is the sambal chilli I used!
5. Mix the sambal chilli with the squid.
6. Place into Happy Call Pan and turn on the fire.
7. Close the lid and let it cook for 5 minutes.
8. Check if it's cooked after 5 minutes and if so, remove it from the pan.
If not, close lid and let it cook for a while more.
9. Serve while it's hot!
SUPER EASY and super tasty dish!
Maybe I should learn to make my own sambal..
Which gives me a reason to buy a mortar and pellet.. XD
Anyway, this dish was part of my of Hokkien Mee (not too nice, needs perfecting), Happy Call Pan Creamy Prawns and Sambal Prawns! (:
I'd love to see the bakes or stuff you've cooked using the blog's recipe! Do share photos of stuff you've baked or cooked using the blog's recipe with me either via FB message to http://facebook.com/limcynthia OR http://facebook.com/thebakingbiatch OR via email at email@example.com! I look forward to hearing from you! (: