This is an awesome 1 dish meal.
I was so amazed at how fast the Happy Call Pan could grill this Happy Call Pan Roasted Chicken and Roasted Potato in merely 20 minutes!
The meat was so tender and the potatoes were moist and soft!
Preparation took about 15 minutes and about an hour to marinate.
Happy Call Pan Roasted Chicken & Roasted Potato Recipe
1 medium sized chicken
4 tsp of mixed herbs
1.5 tbsp of salt
1/2 a bag of mini potatoes
1.5 tbsp of olive oil
2 tsp of mixed herbs
1. Wash and cut the chicken butterfly style.
(Cut the side of the breasts, between the two chicken breasts)
2. Pat dry.
3. Sprinkle 1/2 of the salt on the inner surface of the chicken.
4. Sprinkle 2 tsp of mixed herbs on the inner surface of the chicken.
5. Gently rub the mixture of salt and mixed herbs onto the chicken.
6. Repeat steps 3 - 5 on the front/skin side of the chicken.
7. Leave to marinate in the fridge for 1 hour.
(If time permits, 2 hours would be good)
8. Wash and slice the potatoes.
(I used the smaller potatoes available in most supermarkets.
Each potato was cut into 3 - 4 pieces)
9. Place the potatoes in a mixing bowl and add the olive oil and mixed herbs.
10. Set aside till the chicken is ready to be cooked.
11. Heat up the Happy Call Pan for about 1 minute on high fire.
12. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil into the pan.
13. Place the chicken in the middle of the pan and the potatoes around it.
14. Snap the Happy Call Pan close and reduce heat to a medium fire.
15. Turn the pan over after 5 minutes.
16. Rotate between cooking the chicken using both sides of the pan.
The whole process should take about 20 minutes.
17. Using a satay stick or toothpick, poke the meatiest part of the chicken to check if it's cook. If the stick comes out clean, it's ready! Else, let it cook for a while more.
18. The chicken and potatoes should be smelling real good and when it's done, serve it hot!
I really love how simple this dish is and I cooked it part of a meal I cooked for the family.
I super duper love my Happy Call Pan!
I'd love to see the bakes or stuff you've cooked using the blog's recipe! Do share photos of stuff you've baked or cooked using the blog's recipe with me either via FB message to http://facebook.com/limcynthia OR http://facebook.com/thebakingbiatch OR via email at email@example.com! I look forward to hearing from you! (: